Pioneer Valley Hospice & Palliative Care is a proud member of the Pediatric Palliative Care Network helping children 19 or younger living in Massachusetts who have been diagnosed with an illness that could affect normal life expectancy.
Helping children and their families
Our compassionate care team helps children and their families achieve the best possible quality of life through symptom and pain management and physical, emotional, social and spiritual support. Our services include:
- Pain and symptom management
- Case management
- Counseling regarding diagnosis, prognosis, care planning, and options for plans of care
- Counseling for the child and affected family members
- Referrals to other resources
- Emergency planning and support
- Spiritual support
- Complementary health services such as expressive arts and other physician-approved therapies
- Volunteer services
- Respite support
For children with serious illness
Pediatric palliative care is for children who are 19 or younger with a diagnosis of a potentially life-limiting illness and living in Massachusetts. Referrals may be made by health care professionals, social service agencies, or family caregivers. A physician diagnosis of an illness that could limit normal life expectancy is required. Examples include advanced cancer, neurodegenerative conditions, major organ failure, HIV, cystic fibrosis, congenital or genetic conditions, neurological disorders, renal failure, or traumatic injury.
No cost for eligible patients and their families
The pediatric palliative care program is funded by the Massachusetts Department of Health and also supported by private donations. Services are provided to eligible children and their families at no cost if not already covered by health insurance.
Add our team to your care team.
Pediatric palliative care enhances other treatment your child may be receiving.
- Patient can continue to seek treatment for a cure while receiving services
- Our care team coordinates care with primary care doctor and other providers
- Services provided at no cost for eligible children and their families
- Funded by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and also supported by private donations
Our team is ready to help.
Download our Pediatric Palliative Care Brochure to learn more, or call us today at 413-774-2400 to schedule a pediatric palliative care visit.